Tuesday 29 March 2011

28 Day Song Challenge in One



I tried to do this on facebook and couldn't keep up to date with the lot of it. So I reckoned I'd put it all as one in my blog here, because what else am I going to do with it now that I've finished my team profiles? :P Well, apart from Van-Uber and Tigron, but those can wait...

---


Day 01 - My favourite song
Metallica/The San Francisco Symphony Orchestra: Battery
In all honesty, Metallica isn't that great a band. There, I said it. But something about S&M makes it infinetely better, the sort of gothic orchestral backdrop to the music making this literally something else. Also the best music for WipEout Zone mode ever. Period.

Day 02 - My least favourite song
The Black-Eyed Peas: My Humps
What gets me about this song is that their first song, 'Where is the Love' gave the impression that the band was a meaningful and soulful group using modern day music for more than just money. And then their next track? An anthem to boobies. Fuck you, BEPs.

Day 03 - A song that makes me happy 
Peter Gabriel: Sledgehammer
Yeah, the music video is creepy, the dance even more so when Gabriel does it live, and yet I don't really care. This is one of the few songs that I can literally sing along to and never fail to have a smile on my face. 

Day 04 - A song that makes me sad
Rick Astley: Never Gonna Give You Up.
Just watch it. How can anyone not see this and feel despair?

Day 05 - A song that reminds me of someone
Delain: On the Other Side

Day 06 - A song that reminds me of somewhere
Nightwish: Meadows of Heaven
Northern Scotland, just beside Loch Ness. Go onto the water in the early morning, and you'll see what they mean by the title. Nowhere save Norway is more beautiful, and that's not quite flat enough for the 'Meadows' tag.

Day 07 - A song that reminds me of a certain event 
?????

Day 08 - A song that I know all the words to
Jonathan Coulton: Still Alive.
I'm not a nerd if I can't repeat this word for word, am I? :P

Day 09 - A song that I can dance to (sort of)
Seal: Kiss from a Rose
Not exactly fist-pumping stuff but... yeah. I can give a good go at a soft waltz.

Day 10 - A song that makes me fall asleep 
Mansanoti Akori: Awakening
If you're scratching your head and wondering what on earth, this was the suite that played on the Nurburgring in the fatally underplayed racing sim for the PS2, Enthusia. So peaceful and relaxing... just what you'd needed when you'd slid off at Karrussel for the umpteenth time. <<3

Day 11 - A song from my favourite band 
Wolfstone: 5/4 Madness
Maybe I'm biased. But aren't we all when it comes to our opinions of who we love...

Day 12 - A song from a band you hate 
Lady Gaga: Bad Romance
There's no end to the amount of bands I hate thanks to shitty music, but considering that this is the band I hate, I decided to go by principle of why I dislike the band -  or in this case the singer. This isn't someone who went into the business for the music - she went in to show off and recline in the star life... *grumbles*

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure 
Celine Dion: My Heart Will Go On
This could have probably gone under songs that make me cry and make me fall asleep, but I think that given that this is well, Celine Dion... The first stage in overcoming your problems is to admit you have a problem to begin with, isn't it? :P

Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love 
Duran Duran: Mediterrania
I got this when it was on free offer over Christmas. I've heard a lot of bad things about DD, but I liked 'A View To A Kill' and decided to give it a go. It's a good relaxing song, and I'll listen to it when cycling sometimes.

Day 15 - A song that describes you 
Bon Jovi: Wanted, Dead or Alive
Vaguely. Very vaguely. But I can dream, can't I? ;)

Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate 
Nickelback: Hero
Somehow, I doubt I'm the only person in this sort of situation when answering this question.

-----
Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio

Day 18 - A song that you wish I heard on the radio more often
----
^The above questions are disregarded thanks to the fact that I never listen to the radio, and it'd be unfair to answer 18, and I'd almost certainly get 17 wrong.

Day 19 - A song from your favourite album

Day 20 - A song that I listen to when I'm angry
Lostprophets: Everyday Combat
What more is there to say? I used to try and vent frustration after difficult days at school listening to this and playing Burnout: Revenge 

Day 21 - A song that I listen to when I'm happy
Victims of Science: The Device Has Been Modified
Because there's always time for SCIENCE. And CAKE.

Day 22 - A song that you listen to when I'm sad
Jesper Kyd: Ezio's Family
Best videogame music ever.

Day 23 - A song that I want to play at my wedding
Klaus Badelt: He's A Pirate.
C'mon. Now that I've given you the idea, don't you want to try it? :P Just before you sweep her out the door? Kinda a moot point for me considering I'm never going to get married, but it's a nice thought.

Day 24 - A song that I want to play at my funeral
Rooster: Angels Calling
I still maintain that Rooster was a band that was criminally overlooked in a time when everyone was supposed to be fans of Avril Lavigne, Busted and McFly *shivers* Their 'Rooster' album is a good one throughout for the most part and this one just kind of fits...

Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh
OK Go: Here It Goes Again
I did like this one before the treadmill dance, honest. :P

Day 26 - A song that you can (or could) play on an instrument
Mary Poppins: Supercalifragilisticexpiallidocious
No, honestly. When I was a lot younger, I had a book of classic Disney songs for the piano, and given that I hadn't watched a great deal of them besides the one everyone should at least know, I chose to try and learn this one. Could only do it right hand, but I had it fairly well sorted. That was a while ago though...

Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play
The Outlaws: Green Grass and High Tides
These men must have fingers coated in steel.

Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
Rise Against: Hero of War
Just listen to it, or read the lyrics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment